Today was the last of my Hello Fresh meals. I saved this one for last because I’ve just been a little unsure how a hunk of cheese for dinner was going to be. Today’s meal is called Za’Atar-Crusted Grilling Cheese with Sumac Roasted Veggies and Couscous.
I must say it was pretty darn good! These ingredients pulled together so well. The flavor was very fresh and tasty. I would definitely eat this again. The cheese has a really good flavor and with the added za’atar spice I felt like I was in the Mediterranean. The calories were only 490! The only ingredient I needed to have on hand today was olive oil. This was a very fun dish to prepare and start to finish only took about 30 minutes. The fresh basil and lemon zest really set this dish off. The flavors in this dish were bold but non-offending.
Here are some pictures from tonight’s dinner.
Wrapping up my 3 day Hello Fresh Review I can say I’m pretty impressed. I would like to move on and try some of their meat dishes. Here are my pros and cons of Hello Fresh:
- They lived up to their hello fresh name with fresh ingredients
- Meals are easy to prepare and can boost cooking confidence
- The meals are creative and not just boring everyday food
- The app and website are both easy to use
- The portions even though look small once cooked are plenty of food
- I was able to recycle most of the packing and ice packs
- I didn’t have to worry about what’s for dinner it was already in the fridge ready to go
- I didn’t have to spend a lot of time hunting down my items to cook
- The food had good flavor
- The price, You will really have to weigh out what it’s worth to you.
- You can only get 3 to 4 meals a week depending on the plan you pick. If I were to continue I would want at least 5 nights a week. I would be willing to pay to stay out of a grocery store as much as possible.
- If your looking for high quality organic food this wouldn’t be for you. Their food is fresh and had good quality but some people really like to know that everything is sourced from a good quality organic farm.
That’s really about it in my opinion. I didn’t have any problems with shipping or my order so I did not have to deal with their customer support. Overall I would recommend this company for people who are on the go and don’t want to come home and spend a few more hours in the kitchen planning and cooking. This service will not work for a big family. I have a family of 9 and they do not have a plan that feeds an army! My husband and I did enjoy the recipes and I will be looking into trying their other menus!